By Ron Pestone
My wife and I looked at each other and I said, “Come on we’re going home and I’m going to bed. Tomorrow has to be a better day.”
And that was the day the cows came home to roost.
1. Truck received a new motor and was back on the road in a week and a half.
2. Our Mercedes needed a new nose which she got and looked as good as new.
3. The fallen tree limb was cut up and used for firewood in our conference room fireplace.
4. Turned out our sheet metal contractor was union after all, problem was it was the teachers union, not the sheet metal union. He was terminated and we did not sue him.
5. We finished the job with a union contractor that O’Riley approved that cost us some additional money.
6. The General Contractor and Old Yellow calmed down and we finished the project and made a decent profit.
7. O’Riley continued to hate my partner and everything he was connected with but somehow we all managed to co-exist.
8. One cow survived the lightning bolt; unfortunately the other one never saw the light of day again.
I really appreciated it when my vacation came around that year.
See you next week Don’t Forget: We Build America