Google+ Local Places is a great way for contractors to promote their business and to drive traffic to their website, and best of all, it is free. As 97% of consumers look for local businesses online, whether you are a builder, a plumber or an electrician, if you provide a construction related service, a web presence is critical.
Listings include your company address, phone number, website address and photos. You must provide your physical address, but if you wish to keep this confidential, you can choose to show a service area online.
A listing in Google + Local will help search engines find your construction business when local searches are performed. For example, a search for a “plumber + zip code” will bring companies with Google + pages first.
Reviews and a score are also a part of the listing. It is important to constantly check your listing to be sure that the reviews are valid and correct inaccurate information.
Businesses listed are also tied into Google Maps with a map appearing on your listing as well as a listing appearing in on Google Maps and in various Google Map applications.
Tips to Create a Good Listing
- Make sure to use keywords in your business description that cover all of the services that you offer. Think like a consumer searching for a contractor, not a contractor, when you are writing your description.
- Take advantage of photos and videos.
- Advise your past clients that you have a new listing and ask them to leave reviews.
- When you finish a job, ask your clients to take a few moments to leave a review.
- Run promotions on your Google + Site with discounts or coupons to generate leads.
- Visit your page regularly to ensure that the information is correct, the promotions are up to date and the reviews are valid.
For detailed instructions on setting up your Google+ Local Page click here.